Lilypie

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Official Tennyson 2 1/2

Hi family and friends,

First of all, let me thank my new Public Relations Rep., Dawn aka Aunt Dawny, for the beautiful presentation that she blogged for us and all she has done to keep everyone thanked and in the loop over the last week. Secondly, let me thank my week-long Nanny, Diane aka Dibee, for staying with us this week and helping out so much. I am rested, back in business and feel absolutely great!

That said...A week ago today Ms. Clare Marie Tennyson was born! I didn't send out details via email...just asked David to get some pictures out...but all I can say is this was the most beautiful experience I have ever encountered--even being at the hospital for 93 (yes, 93) hours start to finish!

We went to the hospital for the planned induction Tues., July 3rd. I was given medicine to help my cervix open to 100%. The morning of Wed., July 4th, my cervix was only 50% open. We started the pitocin drip and basically it took all day for my cervix to fully open and for me to dilate to a 1. At 6:00, the doctor came in and we decided to shut it off, let me get a shower, a good meal, a sleeping pill and we would pick it up again the next day. The morning of Thurs., July 5th, we started the pitocin drip again at 5:00. The doctor broke my water at 7:15, I got my epidural when I was at a 2.5 (YAY!!!) and at 6:27, Clare was born. It was a slow process, but I'm so glad we didn't push it Wed. and took each step at a time. No stress was placed on Clare and the nurse held my hand through each step, with no pain I might add! My wonderful doctor and nurse allowed for me to have 4 (vs. 2) people in the room during delivery and so we had David (of course), my Mom, David's Mom and Dawn. Then, there was God there placing his hand upon me every minute. Most of our immediate family was in the waiting room and was able to come in shortly afterwards. It was just as it should have been! I was moved to recovery and released Sat., July 7th at 2:00.

I wouldn't be Dayna if I didn't get sappy, so here goes...

I can't begin to thank everyone for your love and support during the time. Since I started blogging at the onset of the pregnancy, I feel as though you all have taken this journey with me and I appreciate you caring enough to do so. I have said it over and over and over, but our new little family is so very blessed! I can't even count how many people were in and out of the hospital, all the wonderful gifts, flowers, cards, etc., etc. (I did receive all of the text messages and emails and read them all. Next on my list is to reply to the emails--hopefully today.) I love you all and am just glad you are in our lives and care so much about me, David and our little angel.

Here are a few pics during Clare's first week with us:




OH YEAH!!! BUD LIGHT TIME!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to add that I was, am and continue to be so very proud of Dayna. She did an amazing job during the whole prenancy and birthing process and she continues to do an awesome job of being a mommy which I am positive will never change. I just can't get this mile long grin off my face and I love it. I feel so lucky and blessed and I love my 2 bears beyond words:)

Katie said...

How precious!!! WOW 93 hours, yikes I've gotta give you props for that!! ;)

Lola said...

This is becoming a necessary part of my day, to check on the blog and see what is new! - Of course my 2 cents to all this is, how tremendously PROUD I am of the 2 of you. Watching your love continue to grow is truley amazing. I know in my heart that you will be loving and wonderful parents.
Lola

Amy said...

Dayna, she is so beautiful!! Congrats again!

Sarah said...

Congrats to both of you! She is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Dayna - I"m so excited for you and David. She is so amazing and looks like Raegan - how funny is that!! We look forward to meeting the angel soon. Congrats to you both.

Aunt Donna said...

The two of you look so natural as parents. Neither of you even look tired which is pretty amazing with a one week old. Happy 1 week birthday beautiful Clare!! You are truly a blessing to us all and I can't wait to meet you.

Narci D said...

Really, is she the most adorable baby girl ever! I love that picture of the 3 of you! What a wonderful family--cherish these first moments, because they will fly by.

Anonymous said...

just keep posting those pictures! she is already changing right before my eyes!! which is exciting...and sad at the same time! we miss all of you. and...david, that was really sweet. we all love you.

Dawn said...

Very cool about the birth verse! It took me a minute (I know, no surprise) to make the connection that the 7:5 was for July 5th. I like ours too - neat website you found!

Anonymous said...

don't feel bad dawn...i didn't make the connection til just now when i read your comment! :-)