Lilypie

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Keeping Christ In Christmas

Today in our church group we were reminded what Christmas is really all about. We were given this poem and to me it says it all:

"When Jesus called that Christmas week I wasn't at my best;
And the house was much too cluttered to entertain a guest.
He seemed to notice everything, the cards still unaddressed;
The gifts piled high awaiting wraps, the baking and the rest.
His eyes fell on the evergreen and the presents 'neath the tree,
It's my birthday that you celebrate-what are you giving me?
'What am I giving him?' I thought; ashamed no words were found.
So many costly things I'd bought, he looked at me and frowned.
I prayed he'd let the question pass, but when he did persist,
I blurted out the truth at last, you were not on my list."

Then, we were visited by a special guest--good ole St. Nick.
The Director of our Moms-N-More group:
Our Pastor and her family:

3 comments:

dibee said...

WOW! this is so powerful! as i was reading this, i was nodding my head...yes to the clutter, the cards, the gifts awaiting wraps...then, i keep reading and cried...what a reality check! thanks for sharing this beautiful poem.

GREAT pics of all of you with Santa...a definite KODAK moment!

ONLY 1 more sleep!

Anonymous said...

Dibee,

Thanks for being my most loyal blog commenter! Yes, the poem was very powerful for me too! We can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Yay to ONLY 1 more sleep!

Dawn said...

That is a GREAT poem or "reminder" we should say!

And clutter? At Dibee's house? Now you know Dayna and I are a prodcut of this woman, so I'm not believing this line one bit. I want to see this "so-called-clutter" tomorrow, Mom!