Lilypie

Monday, January 7, 2008

6 Month Dr. Appointment

Today was Clare's 6 month checkup. All went well & she's a happy-healthly 6 month old!

She had 3 shots today, so came home and slept off the tylenol. Here is her new sleeping position. I lay her on her back facing one way and find her turned over on her side facing the opposite way...

When she woke up, we experimented with the sippy cup and water. She took right to it. Funny thing is we got the clearance to eat all soft foods. The Dr. said, "You can start giving her things from dinner--mash potatoes, macaroni, etc." I just smiled. For those of you who know me well, you know that I really don't cook. I guess that would be a good New Years resolution. I mean I can't feed the kid baby food or McDonald's Happy Meals everyday--Hee, hee!

On a final note, her latest trick is she is starting to lift her arms up for us to pick her up. Just melts my heart! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a BIG GIRL!!

i can't wait til saturday! ! !

dibee said...

the picture of Clare drinking from her sippy cup brought tears to my eyes...our baby is growing up

TOO

D@MN

FAST!!!

Kim said...

She is growing up so fast. We must get over that way and see that baby before she turns 1.

Geaux Tigers - hope you guys are watching over there in Texas!

Katie said...

What a cutie, I can't believe how big she's getting!!

Dawn said...

Cheerios...here we come! Mom said I guess she'll have to come to my house for some cooking! Hee! hee! :)

Dawn said...

And yeah, she reached for me yesterday while her Daddy was holding her. Unh! Hunh! She can have ANYTHING she wants now! :)

Amy said...

Mmm, the Gerber bananas are the BEST!

Sassy said...

Sweet Baby girl....My oh my, I remember talking about kids with you, and now, you have this gorgeous 6 month old girl.
Awwwww.

Narci D said...

Dayna, be present in every one of these early moments--they are SO much fun!

She is so pretty, and, WOW, Jackson couldn't figure out the sippy cup until much later!

Aunt Donna said...

What a big girl! I can't wait for her to reach for me. I know I'm her fav since she's already christened me with puke!!