Lilypie

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

After School Care

Okay, I've arrived! Dawn asked me to pick Raegan up today after school since she had a teacher's meeting after work. The whole experience cracked me up! First, I had to put the BIG orange number on my rear view mirror. Second, I had to get in line behind about 80 people and WAIT! (So, I tweased my eyebrows, while Clare slept.) Then, when I got up to the front, a lady screamed Raegan's number into a megaphone and Raegan came running out to the car. So, our kids are numbers at 5!?!? I guess a numbered system is better than no system at all since that would be complete chaos, but it was an interesting experience. Wonder what they will be doing in 4 years when it's Clare's turn?

The girls had fun eating their PP&J sandwiches for snack, then playing on the ABC mat on the porch. Raegan is such a sweet sister-cousin!


4 comments:

Narci D said...

Yes, the carpool line is crazy--I usually just avoid it alltogether and walk from home or park and walk-up to the school. You are such a a GREAT aunt to do all that!

Unknown said...

Ah, trial by fire...she didn't even WARN you about the carpool chaos??? hee hee

Dawn said...

Nah! Some things you just gotta discover all on your own! HA! Thanks for getting her yesterday...she had fun w/you and wants to know when she can do it again! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL I love it! Like Narci I avoid that line at all cost and park & walk up to the front of school. You win the Aunt of the Week award for experiencing that one :-)