Lilypie

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Spoiled Rotten With Lots of Love...

This one obviously doesn't need any explanation, but Clare sure enjoys the pool and spending time with Dibee and G-pa when we visit!



I love this one with Clare and G-pa! So sweet!

This one, however, tears at your heartstrings. When I pulled up on Thursday, this is what I saw. Ike tore down about 5 of Mom and Rick's big beautiful Oak trees and you can see the devastation it caused. (And they were the lucky ones!) One fell and damaged their fence, a few fell and damaged their roof and gutters and one fell right where Rick normally parks, but luckily he moved his car into the garage before Ike hit. They camped out and were without power for 5 days. We are just thankful that they are fine, all is well now and it ended up being nothing a roofer, gutter man, fence man and trash man can't fix! Just another reminder to count our blessings each and every day!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Such sweet pics (except that last one~yikes!)~So glad that they were ok besides their roof & gutters!!

Shannon said...

Love the Clare pics-especially her sweet ponytail! So glad Dibee and Rick are ok! Missing all of you!

Lola said...

what a shame, Im glad you both are ok! Hate when we lose beautiful trees, but when mother nature speaks nothing anyone can do

Dawn said...

I love Clare's sweet, sweet eyes in that pic of her and Mom! :)