Lilypie

Monday, June 25, 2007

Nesting vs. Shopping

I've heard that most pregnant woman "nest" by doing some sort of spring cleaning. Not me! I, on the other hand, have "nested" by knocking out all the things on my home project list.

1. Clare's nursery--that was a given.
2. New mattresses for my room and the guest room--David and I need all the help we can get with sleeping once Clare comes, right!?! And, of course I want guests who come to visit Clare to be comfty.
3. New wide screen HDTV for our bedroom--Clare can watch her new set of Little Einstein DVD's while Mommy gets dressed in the morning.
4. New printer--I'll have to print so much more with Clare, starting with her birth announcements.
5. New oil rubbed bronzed shower enclosure--Okay, okay...not sure how to relate this one to Clare, but it looks pretty!

All this shopping has rubbed off on David and he wants a new toy too--a Play Station 3. Again, can't relate this one to Clare--unless she is gonna play Tiger Woods Golf or College Football with him down the line. HA! HA!

I guess David and I won't be getting "toys" for us anymore, so better milk it while we can...good thing we only have a week to go before we get even more out of control!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That sounds all too familiar! I went on a marathon shopping trip at Target right before Reese was born, and I spent $350. I was also shopping at other places too much! I definitely think that it is a form of nesting. Sounds like you are all ready though!

Dawn said...

Wanna come "nest" over at my house? :)

dibee said...

my house needs some "nesting"!

Aunt Donna said...

Shop for you and David while you can because pretty soon all of your $$$ will be spent on a Clare. I should know, I have a Nikki!!

Myta said...

You guys should really consider getting the Nintendo Wii, if you don't yet. It's so much fun! Josh and I love it. Actually, even Zach is really good at the bowling game!