Lilypie

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Prayer for our Cousin

We recently found out that our cousin Caroyln (see Kim's Blog) has cancer. Please keep her in your prayers.


I found this prayer today and tweaked it a bit, but thought it was very fitting:

Dear Lord,

You know my cousin so much better than I do. You know her sickness and her need. You also know her heart. Lord, I ask you to be with my cousin now, working in her life and let Your will be done. Lord, I pray for my cousin because Your Word says I should pray for His healing. I believe You hear this earnest prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of Your promise. I have faith in You to heal her, but I also trust in the plan you have for my cousin's life. Lord, I don't always understand Your ways, and why she has to suffer, but I trust You now. May You be glorified in my cousin's life and also in mine.

Amen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S.-This is my Mom's first cousin, so my second cousin.

Dawn said...

Very sweet of you! You know she's on my prayer list....at the top!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of your prayers. It's like a bad dream you can not wake from. Mom is so remarkable. She is still worrying about everyone else. Take care

BTW, the Clare is beautiful!!!! This is the first pics I have seen of her. I have just discovered Kim's Blogpage, your sisters and yours for the first time tonight.