Lilypie

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Summer Lovin'

Thanks to Aunt Dawny and Uncle Tommy, I was able to send David on a Scavenger Hunt to find that we were going out to dinner last night.


I didn't tell him where we were going and surprised him with reservations at Bob's.


We went for a stroll after dinner in the Shops at Legacy and stopped at this waterfall.


We came to the Marriott on our walk and he said, "I miss Cheeky Bear, but let's pretend we have the whole the night and are in Seattle or somewhere and we could go up to our hotel." It was a perfect lead in as I passed him the hotel key card and said, "We don't have to pretend, WE CAN!" It was awesome! It was so nice to spend some quality time together and sleep 9 hours straight!


Then, we came back to reality this morning when David was headed out (dressed in his Seattle Seahawks, Steve Largent jersey) to go draft his fantasy football team. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. And anyhow, how could I be mad at that face?


7 comments:

Myta said...

Oh, how fun! That is so cool that you planned that and surprised him. I bet you had a great night to yourselves....and well-deserved at that. By the way...David looks like he's ready to be frisked in that last picture! hee hee.

Didi said...

I told him I wanted a pic of him in his jersey. (Seattle is his favorite team and we got that jersey for him for his birthday last year.) He said he felt funny just standing there, so grabbed the wall. But Myta, you called it...that's exactly what it looks like. :)

Dawn said...

So glad you had fun! We'll keep her anytime. She's such a GOOD baby!

dibee said...

glad your night was AWESOME! we are SO excited about you and Cheeky Bear coming tomorrow...can't wait!

Amy said...

Good for you guys! It's so hard to take time for yourselves when you have a baby. Glad you guys had fun! Now go ask David if Alexander is worth drafting this year or if he's just gonna hurt himself again. I need tips, my draft's next week!

Katie said...

What fun, what an awesome idea!!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Wow, this is a SUPER idea...I wish I had thought of this with my two! :)