Lilypie

Monday, September 24, 2007

Blessing in Disguise

What's been going on with us?

Well, for those of you who have not heard, I was impacted last week with Countrywide's layoff. Basically, due to what's going on in the market, Countrywide announced (3 days after I returned to work mind you) that they are downsizing and laying off 15,000 employees--roughly 20% or 1 in 5. David and I had already dicussed the possibility of me staying home for awhile with Clare and I've been struggling with that decision and praying for answers. God works in mysterious ways and this was definitely one way to answer my prayers. So, I will keep my eyes and ears open for work, but just focus on enjoying this time as a wife and a mother for now. What better job than that, right!?! I'm excited to have time back on my side and to be able to blog often again--YAY! We've just been hanging out with family and catching up with old friends.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

didi...i found this quote that seems to fit this situation...or just about any situation we are faced with...so, continue to have a positive attitude! :-)


The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.

It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company ...a church ...a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past ...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.

We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ...I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.
-Charles Swindoll
author of Grace Awakening

Katie said...

God does work in mysterious ways, doesn't he!?! I'm glad you will get to have more time with your precious little girl :)

Narci D said...

Dayna, I hope that everything works out in the way that you hope for. I know that you'll enjoy your time with your sweet little girl!

Dawn said...

Good for you for seeing the positive in this! You know I'm looking forward to having more time with you and Clare!

JKMN said...

I'm a little behind on my blog reading - I hope you are doing well at home. Claire is a little cutie! Feel free to give us a call if you want to hang out with some adults during the day. Take care!