We had family night Saturday and played the new version of Life. It was VERY different, if you haven't played yet. To go along with my previous post about Life in 2007, have we gotten so spoiled that we can't count the play money anymore? Or, can we not add our little pink and blue people to our cars anymore? Or, God forbid, can we not use our arm muscles and spin the spinner anymore? Everything now is electronic! You have a credit card that you insert into the machine when its your turn and everything is done for you. I tell you...I sound old, but I miss the good old days--hee, hee! But, the night was fun and we enjoyed spending time with family.
Monday, October 8, 2007
The Game of Life
We had family night Saturday and played the new version of Life. It was VERY different, if you haven't played yet. To go along with my previous post about Life in 2007, have we gotten so spoiled that we can't count the play money anymore? Or, can we not add our little pink and blue people to our cars anymore? Or, God forbid, can we not use our arm muscles and spin the spinner anymore? Everything now is electronic! You have a credit card that you insert into the machine when its your turn and everything is done for you. I tell you...I sound old, but I miss the good old days--hee, hee! But, the night was fun and we enjoyed spending time with family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What is up with changing all our classic games? In Monopoly now you basically need a calculator to be the banker. They just added zeroes to everything and it is so confusing!
There are some things that are just better left alone! :)
Oh but girls the new game is full of twists and turns - just as life really is.
I couldn't agree with you more! How are kids supposed to learn to count money like this?
Post a Comment