
Today was a wonderful message at church! It was about TRADITION.
"Tradition must have meaning in order to have meaning!"
The premise was that we all have traditions that we grew up with that let us know where we come from. The things we look at as traditions are different for all of us, but they all have value and purpose and a point. The pastor's message was that no matter how busy our lives are, we should continue to find time to pass on the traditions that are important to us and even create new traditions to teach to our children.
As I reflect on this message, (especially now that I am a Mommy), I find myself thinking of the traditions in my life. So many things come to mind, including crab/crawfish boils, family reunions and celebrating the holidays. No matter the occassion or tradition, it always includes family and love and I am so blessed to have such an abundant family to love and be loved by. I can't wait to introduce Clare to these traditions; as well as for David and I to start a few of our own with her.
Have a great week!
Blessings,
Dayna

2 comments:
What a sweet message, thanks for sharing :)
i can't wait to share one of our traditions with you all when you come for thanksgiving...going to longview lake and looking at the Christmas lights...amanda and i were just talking about the little traditions that we do from year to year, and even though the lights are always the same, and kinda corny, it's still just fun to pile in the car and look at them. we did a head count and realized we might have to rent a 12 passenger van this year! haha!! (and david...a few years ago we added a starbucks run to kick off the viewing of the lights!)
i love you.
Post a Comment