Here is the princess, with her purple princess cup:
Here is the princess playing Didi's favorite game:
The other princess was a trooper and was so stimulated by all of the movement. She just hung out in her chair, watching all the kiddos run around.
The best part of the evening was when we got home. I was rocking Clare to sleep and I saw David and Raegan go into Clare's room. They came out with some stackable blocks. Together, they made a tower and stacked the blocks high. Then, David left and came back in with 2 of my decorative balls. Can you guess what they did? Yep, they made a make-shift bowling alley and tried to knock the blocks down. Then giggled and giggled once they succeeded.
Next, Raegan asked Uncle David to play hide-and-seek. Raegan won the best hiding place when she hid in Clare's room in the toy box that was filled with toys. If it wasn't for her giggling, I'm not sure we would have ever found her. The toys are all soft toys and she just squished right in, but we would have never thought of that, since to us, the toy box was already full!
Finally, it was time for bed and I slept with Raegan in the guest room. This is my favorite time with her. We were in bed, reading our 3 bedtime books and she said, "Didi, I had such a great time tonight. Can we do it again tomorrow?" Of course now I am proud that I helped to make her little day and would be up for the Aunt of the Year award. Then, she said, "Didi, can we get closer?" Mind you, she is already laying right next to me, wrapped up in my arms, with her legs intertwining mine. I leaned my head against hers, finished the book and we fell asleep.
At 3:30, David woke me up and said Clare woke up crying and he couldn't get her back to sleep. He brought her in to me and she must have just wanted Mama, because she fell right to sleep too. So, now I am proud again that I was able to calm her little fears and would be up for the Mommy of the Year award.
I took a minute to watch those two little angels sleeping next to me and thought, "God is so good." When I woke up with a crick in my neck, it was all worth it!

11 comments:
What a good aunt taking her to Chuck E Cheese - you gotta bring me in there kicking & screaming. And the moment in bed is priceless. You will cherish that memory way after the neck pain is gone.
Sweet post Dayna! And how sweet is David for bowling with her, love that!
That's awesome!! How sweet are you~I bet you're up for sister of the year too!! ;)
this was sooooo sweet!
another award you are up for is Daughter of the Year Award... but, i'm thinking this may end up in a tie!
Oh my...y'all are too good to me! Aunt, Mommy, Sister and Daughter awards...now my head is really big! Hee, hee!
Don't forget niece X3 of course!
Don't forget Niece of the Year (X3 of course)! I can't wait to enjoy a few moments of my own! Coming soon when I visit you.
Thanks again, Didi and Uncle David. She had so much fun with you guys. Guess I owe you a massage now that you got a kink in your neck.
ok...
what the hell...what's ONE more award??
didi...you are up for step-daughter of the year award while we're at it.
heehee :-)
How sweet is this? And, how great is David!
A memory that will be one of your favorites, I'm sure!
God is good, you award winning mommy and auntie! It sounds like David was a pretty fantatic uncle too! Love Reagan's camo pants and Clare's tie dye! Too cute!
Post a Comment