Lilypie

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Camping Trip #2

Mike and I enjoyed another relaxing weekend away from all the going and blowing--this time we went to Daingerfield Lake and Caddo Lake.

For our second trip, a few new purchases were made: Mike got his new truck (obviously suitable for hauling the camper + some), we bought a hand-me-down grill from a friend at work, we bought our first couples gift...a new tackle box, and we had to purchase fishing licenses this time since the lake was not inside the state park.

We also rented a little boat one day to cruise around the lake, then rented a canoe the second day. The motor boat is obviously the way to go, but go us...it was a work out and we didn't dump the canoe over!!!

Click here for all pics: ->Camping Pics

8 comments:

dibee said...

Great pics! Congrats to Mike on his new truck and tackle box (which I thought was an ice chest)!

Baby girl, keep camping! ...and, one day you might just touch that fish! NOT!

Katie said...

LOVE it!! What fun, and I'm SO impressed on the canoe thing~mine would have definitely tipped over!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE seeing you this happy!! Looks like you had a great time. What a cool new truck! Happy 4th!

Carolyn

pickles said...

Some of the camping pictures reminded me a lot of south Louisiana. The pictures are great...it looked like a lot of relaxing fun!

aunt ash said...

aw looks like you had fun! i love you!

Lola said...

Amazing! You camping again. but then it's a trailer/hot/cold/water/showers - no tents! - jumped to the best way to camp

Dawn said...

Who IS this girl and what have you done with my sister? Hee! hee! JK! I too, like Carolyn, am happy to see you trying new things and enjoying the simple things. Glad you and Mike found each other. :)

Aunt Donna said...

Seriously ... first couple gift is a new tackle box. I have to agree with Dawn, WHO is this girl and what happened to by niece?? So happy to see you SO HAPPY!!!