Lilypie

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We're Engaged!

Mike and my year anniversary was Thursday, October 1st. On Wednesday night, he surprised me and took me to "our" restaurant--The Woodlands Grill--where we went on our first date a year ago that night. We sat at "our" table and reminiced about the year. After dinner, we went on a drive and ended up at church, where we met last June at Vacation Bible School.

Looking out of the alter at church is a beautiful cross planted in the grass and that is the spot that Mike chose to propose, quoting Romans 12:9 "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good." He gave me a ring that belonged to his Mother and I couldn't have been more taken back. The night was amazing...from surprising me with the proposal, to the ring fitting perfectly!

Who knew that God planned this all along? A little birdy told me that He does not take you "from" something, unless he plans to bring you "to" something! Mike is my "to."




These pics were taken the weekend after he propsed...


I couldn't be more blessed to have Mike and Lexi in my life!

12 comments:

Dawn said...

We are awesome? :)

Didi said...

Silly...the title changed to We're Engaged vs. We after I posted...but thanks Blogger Police for getting my back!

Becky said...

I'm so happy for you, Dayna! You guys look so happy and you deserve that!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

pickles said...

YAY!!
so happy together :o)
winter dress, summer dress, bathing suit, snow suit...still waiting for the proper attire announcement!

Aunt D said...

Mike you are a handsome Dad, but OMG what a beautiful picture of Lexie. She looks so happy!

Congratulations to all...

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!

Britt said...

Congratulations!! I am SO happy for you!

Dawn said...

Love that last pic of Mike & Lexi. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations girly! I am sooo very happy for you!!! Isn't life just good? :)

Aunt Donna said...

Congratulations to you and your "to". You deserve all the happiness in the world!!

Shannon said...

Wishing you both the happiness that you so deserve! BIG congratulations!