
Okay, Hot Moms Cook, how'd I do? Yes, it's just salad out of a bag, spaghetti sauce out of a jar and cheesecake from Market Street bakery, but it's a start, right!?! Since I am new to this whole cooking thing, my honey sure was happy. The grocery store and I are becoming friends, so that's Step 1. I look at the Hot Moms Cook site from time to time and keep telling myself that I WILL try one of your yummy receipe soon, so that's Step 2.
But, for now...even though I've just made things like Tacos, Manwiches, etc. over the last couple weeks, I'll just be proud of myself for trying to be a better wife and FINALLY cooking for my husband. Then, I'll hopefully be in the habit once Clare is eating table food!
P.S.--Lola: I didn't have a centerpiece for my table, so I used the flower that David bought you for Valentine's Day--hee, hee!

11 comments:
Hey - it was made with love and that's all that matters! And if you can believe it - I could barely cook when I started staying home, too. Kyle was the "chef" of the family when we got married. Everything I can do now is self taught from the last 8 years of staying home - crazy now that cooking is one of my favorite activites.
I am SO proud of you... soon, you will be asking to be a *cooking buddy* with Dawn and me! If you want/need any recipes... just ask cuz I've got PLENTY!
Your table setting is impressive! Good job, my baby!
Oh, forgot to ask... since you are trying to be a better wife, did you put dried cranberries and toasted walnuts in your salad? cuz i KNOW David LUVS them! ha ha
Way to go, it's a great start!! I've always enjoyed cooking, but not necessarily the hard gourmet type foods, just simple homestyle stuff ;)
Do you have a crock pot? I love crock pot meals! They are so easy. Good luck with your cooking!
Girl that's still a favorite at our house! You're already doing better than me, I didn't cook til after baby #2!
Next time I see you in person, ask me about the Lasagna "soup" I made as one of my first meals for Rob. Ha, it was horrible.
This is where you start (and BTW it looks great)! In no time, you'll be using recipes and such!
Way to go!! It looks great and some of the jar pastas are better than some homemade. You are a "hot" cook!
Well done! Every good cook has to start somewhere!
oooo looking good didi! I got home from work at 6, made brice steak and dad's potato salad then i fell asleep at 9....i think we are married already! haha (nope still 318 days!!)
You are headed in the right direction, looks yummy.
Post a Comment